All School News
Let’s continue to work on Study Island as we enhance our reading, math, and science skills.
Students in grades K through 2nd grade will continue to work on the Key Skills and Accelerated Reader Programs in the Learning Technology Class.
|The rubric for Study Island is as follows:|
To all PARENTS (Gr. 3-8):
- Use of Study Island at home (one hour/week for homework) is a mandatory assignment.
- Homework, along with class work, is included in the Learning Technology grade
- Access the site at www.studyisland.com
(students have personal user names and passwords)
- Please send a signed note, or contact me if you have no Internet access at home at 773-535-9330 or Mrs. Sheila Morris
To all STUDENTS (Gr. 3-8):
- Please log on and spend at least one hour weekly at home
- Keep the testing balanced... an even number of ribbons in each subject. For 4th and 7th grades, Science is included, along with Reading and Math.
|Study Island grading is as follows:|
|Below Grade Level|
Welcome to 2014,
If your child has not turned in the Student Safety Contract , please do so immediately as they will not be allowed to handle laboratory chemicals under adult supervision in the lab.
You may click on the red link above to access and print out the Safety Contract.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Ms. Sims -Science Educator
This year we
are combining the Heritage Contest and Black History Assembly. It will
be a great way for our students to divulge what they have learned about
African American history as well as perform.
A field trip is being planned for the Choir and Drama students to see the Alvin Ailey Dance Group. Please look for upcoming information regarding this performance.
Thank you for your continued support in making the Owen Scholastic Academy Fine Arts program successful.
Ms. Davis - Music